Thursday 13 March 2008

Looks like the blog's back then!

And to celebrate, here are my latest favourite albums:

Why? - Alopecia
The lyrics (or "words" seeing as there isn't a lot of singing as such) on this album aren't the kind of thing you'd normally expect of a rap record, although I'm not entirely sure if I should be calling this rap... Actually, I definitely shouldn't. Either way, it's a solid effort with some brilliantly memorable tracks - well worth a listen! I've been assured that "Alopecia" has nothing on Why?'s previous offering, "Elephant Eyelash", so I guess that's worth checking out too.
www.myspace.com/whyanticon
See also: cLOUDDEAD

You Slut! - Critical Meat
This lot are from Nottingham, but until recently their album was only available in Japan so clearly Japanese labels/fans have superior taste to those in the UK. I'm not really sure how to describe it... Post-rock on speed? Anti-post-rock? EITS with a short attention span? Whatever... it's instrumental, pretty full-on, full of great riffs and thoroughly enjoyable.
www.myspace.com/youslut1
Watch the video for "MyBloodyJesusExplorerOnFire" below, but be aware that those pretty girls in the video are not actually the band members:



Fuck Buttons - Street Horrrsing
This is probably the first noise record I've ever really loved, and I'm hoping it will help me get into more in this genre. "Street Horrrsing" really is brilliant stuff - it completely fills your ears without losing any sense of melody... Stick on your headphones and turn up the volume!
www.myspace.com/fuckbuttons
See the video for "Bright Tomorrow" below:

No comments: